If you need help thinking of some delicious side dishes for this year’s meal, try this easy recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole with Sugar Pecan Topping from Erin Carroll. You won’t be disappointed!
Sweet Potato Casserole with Sugar Pecan Topping
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 45 mins.
For The Casserole:
- 3-4 cups cooked sweet potatoes (or canned yams)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For The Topping:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash your potatoes.
- Mix in sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, half and half, and spices.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Mix all ingredients for your topping.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of your casserole mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Thanksgiving is the most important meal of the year in most homes. If you’re feeding a large crowd and have a lot of food to keep HOT, don’t trust your dishes to just any chafing fuel – leave it to BLAZE to make your meal fantastic! BLAZE has the hottest and longest burning fuel on the market, so you’re guaranteed hours of HOT, fresh food for your guests to enjoy.
Everyone at BLAZE Products wants to wish you and your family a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!